Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Joys of Moving

This past Saturday I was able to start moving into my apartment.  I was super excited, until I started signing the lease.  After writing down my signature for, oh I don't know, the thousandth time, the thought hit me, "Crap, I'm an adult now."  It was an interesting experience walking into the apartment and realizing that I would now be living there and doing adult things.  Several thoughts made me realize even more how much I was actually growing up. 
For example, while looking at the kitchen it dawned on me just how much I would have to do for myself in there:  wash dishes, cook food, etc.  The kitchen also contained the washer and dryer hookups.  I looked at those in horror.  Then the worst realization of all punched me in the gut... I have to go grocery shopping for myself now.  I'm a pro with shopping at the mall.  The grocery store, not so much. So, it was with a bitter sweet feeling in my heart that I lugged all my stuff up several flights of stairs to my apartment.
The whole entire day was long and exhausting.  My mom and I went to Ikea to get me a bed frame and discovered a little while later that all of the pieces weren't there...  After that, I decided the day had gone on long enough and that we were done.
What I have learned from all of this is that I have been spoiled and that reality is going to be starting pretty soon.  Am I ready for it?  Well, we're just going to have to find out.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment